Sunday, March 31, 2013

polish please | it's a trap-eze

Have any of you ever had your eye on something, and wanted it so badly, but have such a hard time making it yours? This was me until last week. I had seen this amazing polish on Chalkboard Nails {one of my favorite nail blogs} and I knew that I had to have it. So the hunt began. I checked out all my local polish haunts {Ulta, JCP, Sally's Beauty Supply, Beauty Brands} to no avail. I kept checking back once two to three times a week with promises of new deliveries, but every time there was no beautiful creamy white polish with multi color glitter. 

After weeks and weeks of searching the old fashion way, I befriended technology and took my search to the web. Amazon and Ebay had the polish, but man was it pricy! Not only the cost of the polish, but the shipping as well. That is when I finally remembered that I had pinned this polish on my pinterest board from a site that had very reasonably priced polishes. So I ended up snatching up the polish here for only five bucks! Who doesn't love fast, free shipping?


I paired the glitter packed polish with my other latest obsession, OPI Atomic Orange. The polish was a little thick and clumpy from all the glitter, but after two coats of top coat it felt and looked great. What wasn't so great was the almost immediate chipping of the polish, something that I have not experienced since switching to Essie First Base Coat. The densely packed glitter three layers thick may have been the reason for the horrible chipping. Next time I try this polish, I think that I will start with the white base color.

So, do you think that the hunt was worth the find?


No comments:

Post a Comment